FINAL EVALUATION OF THE PROJECT "NIGERIAN GIRLS COMMIT TO PEACEFUL AND INCLUSIVE PARTICIPATION"
CLIENT: UNICEF NIGER
START - END DATE: June-August 2021
VALUE (EUR): 32,000.00 €
The purpose of this evaluation is the project "The involvement of young people and women in the peaceful resolution of community conflicts in the northern Tillabéri area" which covers seven municipalities in the Tillabéry region in Niger for the period from December 18, 2018 to December 31. 2020 with a budget of $2,500,000.
This project is implemented by a consortium of three United Nations system agencies, namely UNICEF, UNHCR and UNFPA.
Its implementation ends in December 2020.
The objectives of the final evaluation are to assess project progress at mid-point, to extract good practices, challenges, document lessons learnt and recommendations, in order to guide the future implementation and potential scaling-up or expansion of the projects.
The specific objectives of the evaluations are as follows:
- Report to stakeholders on the results achieved by the project;
- Allow decisions to be made based on evidence for the follow-up to be given to the project
- To review the efficiency and effectiveness of the project in achieving its intended results
- To assess the relevance and sustainability of the project components
- To assess the overall impact of the project
- To assess the level of ownership and participation
- To assess the accountability component of the project, including gender consideration or inclusiveness, Complaint and Feedback Mechanisms, and Do No Harm principle
- To assess the strengths and weaknesses of the project design and implementation process and come up with concrete lessons learnt and recommendations.
- Cross-cutting themes, such as Gender, Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP), Rights-Based Approach, Environment shall be evaluated, as well.
The evaluation also aims to assess the impact of the project on the socio – economic and security conditions of the population and the communities in which the project was implemented.